Arguably the most popular sport in the World, it takes just one thing to play soccer, the ball. This is an essential equipment regarding this sport, without whom this game has no existence. But when this sport is easy to comprehend, there is no such case when it comes to the selection of best soccer ball.
When soccer is being played all around the globe, it has prompted a series of manufacturers to come up with their product range. Varying in their construction, size, and price, there are thousands of balls currently available in the soccer market. When some of them are top notch, there are others which are substandard.
So as a customer of the soccer ball, one has to be extremely careful regarding this particular purchase. Not only it could turn out to be a costly mistake, but it can also ruin his playing experience on the soccer field.
However, if you want to make this purchase a cinch, the below-mentioned guide is of great help. Carefully prepared while keeping in mind the needs of modern day footballers, it will give some valuable tips on how to select the best soccer ball.
Soccer Ball Buying Guide
Proper Size: One thing which users need to understand is that every soccer ball is not of the same size. Depending on the age of a player, soccer balls are typically differentiated into three different sizes. For players who’re under the age of 8, it is the Size 3 soccer ball which is termed as the most appropriate. Having a circumference of 24 inches, this ball weighs as low as just 12 ounces.
For children between the age of 8 and 12, the size 4 soccer ball, with an outer boundary of 26 inches and an overall weight of 13 ounces is frequently used. It allows them to make full use of their physical abilities, as every ball is carefully crafted by keeping in mind the needs of its user.
Lastly, for the players older than this age, they should use the size 5 balls. Weighing 14 to 16 ounces, this ball is tailor made to serve the needs of grown-ups.
Professional Match Balls: Approved by football’s governing body FIFA, the professional match balls pass through a series of arduous tests before getting final approval. It includes tests on their construction, shape, performance and the way it absorbs water on the football field. Once approved, these are used in the World’s top Soccer Leagues as well as the other International matches.
Training Balls: Used for training, such kind of ball frequently incorporates a tougher material of construction. Players can use them on a variety of terrains as this ball is designed to last for an extended duration of time.
Indoor Balls: Designed to be used in a confined space, indoor balls have relatively less rebounding ability in order to suit the needs of Indoor Soccer. Their cover is much more rigid which won’t fall apart after making regular contact with the surrounding boundary.
Futsal Balls: When Futsal is all about control and adaptability, that eventually gets illustrated in the balls used in this sport. As compared to the regular soccer balls, the Futsal balls are much smaller in size with a much lesser amount of bounce.
The Material of Construction: Manufacturers nowadays make use of two materials – Poly Vinyl Carbonate or Polyurethane — when it comes to making decent quality soccer balls. When PVC is much more durable and abrasion-resistant than PU, it is usually used in the construction of Indoor, Training as well as Futsal Balls.
As per Polyurethane, this particular MOC is exclusively employed in the professional match balls. A ball made of Polyurethane is much softer as compared to its PVC counterpart. It also holds a better response at the moment of impact. So when professional players are always looking for a ball which can travel the distance, PU do that it an imperious manner.
Bladders: A chamber filled with air to keep the ball swollen, Bladder is present in the inner portion of the soccer balls. There are two types of bladders which are normally used in the Soccer ball, Butyl, and Latex. When Butyl is famous for its softer feel, the Latex comes handy regarding better air retention. So as far as the professional match ball is concerned, it’s the butyl bladder which gets used in them for obvious reasons.
Once you’ve selected a soccer ball on the basis of aforementioned information, now is the time to buy a pair of cleats. A key part of a footballer’s armoury, the footwear can make a big difference in their owner’s performance on the pitch. But just like the soccer ball, the purchase of Best Soccer cleats is no less than an uphill task.
Depending on a player’s position in his respective team, the type of terrain on which he is going to play, every soccer cleat is designed to suit a special circumstance. When players from two different positions cannot use the same footwear, same is the case with a player from Futsal vs. Soccer. So before setting foot in the market, it is imperative that a shopper should make himself familiar with all such terms.
Buying Guide – How to Buy the Best Soccer Cleats
Types of Soccer Cleats
- Firm Ground Shoes: If you’re going to play on a firm surface, where it doesn’t rain much through the entire length of the year, the Moulded Cleats should be your ideal purchase. Designed for entry to mid-level soccer players, their studs are normally made of PU, TPU or rubber. These studs are non-replaceable, and as per their performance on the real grass, such kind of shoes provide decent traction.
- Soft Ground Shoes: When it comes to playing on the soft surfaces, where the weather is usually unpredictable, one should always go for the cleats with detachable studs. Since such kind of cleats has to dig into the surface, the fact that these are easily replaceable is of great virtue to their respective owners.
Also present in the soft ground shoes are the studs of different length. The studs’ tips are made of metal which helps them to dig into the surface in the case of a wet, muddy outfield. So as far as the professional athletes are concerned, they usually opt for the soft ground shoes.
- Indoor Soccer Shoes: Featuring a flat outsole, the shoes designed for indoor soccer have the same look as that of the traditional sneakers to a certain. For enhanced grip, the there outsole is normally made of rubber which helps the players to stand firm on the flat courts. Apart from using them for soccer-related activities, one can also wear them in other social gatherings.
- Futsal Shoes: Extremely flimsy, Futsal soccer shoes are designed to give their owner a unique texture of comfort and adaptability. Since this particular type of soccer is all about tricks, developers take extra care while crafting shoes for the futsal fanatics.
Materials of Construction
- Leather: Just like the every day’s footwear, Leather is normally the first choice of manufacturers when it comes to crafting high-quality soccer shoes. Durable material, the use of Leather imparts a better feel to the exterior of such shoes.
But in the leather itself, there are different categories based on the source of origin. When the shoes made of calfskin leather are less expensive, they will not provide the same feel as that of the ones featuring Kangaroo Leather. But on the other hand, Kangaroo Leather is quite expensive.
- Synthetic: Designed for customers who’re looking to spend within a budget, the synthetic shoes can be used in the poor playing conditions which are commonly associated with beginners. They are easy to clean and even if it gets stricken with water, such shoes dry out pretty quickly.
The most important factor regarding the purchase of soccer cleats, one should never compromise on the right fit. Particularly for users with wider feet, they should be extra vigilant. There are some brands which are particularly famous for crafting wider cleats, so pay a visit to them and purchase your ideal product.
Remember that soccer shoes should provide a more snug fit as compared to your traditional footwear in order to control the ball in an efficient manner. A general rule regarding the ideal size of the best soccer cleats is that there should be some space between the toe and the front portion of your feet. So keep all such things in mind, and it will improve your game dearly on the soccer field.